This is an ultra-minimal no-frills responsive and accessible image carousel / slider.
There are many robust image slider plugins already. They work well and have a lot of features, some with even more features at the premium tier.
I’m not saying that they don’t have their place but that sometimes they are excessive.
This plugin is for someone who just wants to have linked images scroll by in a loop on their website.
A great rundown of the plugin is available on the Planetjon blog.
How To Use
No BS Image Slider works by leveraging what WordPress already provides, by creating a new custom post type and taxonomy.
- To begin, create your slides by using the Image Slide type. Be sure to add a featured image, and provide a link in the link field. Captions can be supplied by filling out the exerpt.
- Create a slider by adding an Image Slider taxonomy. This allows a slide to be in multiple sliders.
- Use the No BS Image Slider widget to configure which slider you want displayed, and the duration of each slide.
To manually insert a slider, use the shortcode .
You must provide at minimum the slider slug.
The shortcode attributes are
- duration=”number” (default 5)
- showcounter=”yes|no” (default no)
- lazy=”yes|no” (default no)
A widget that exposes all of the above options is available.